- Books may not be removed from the Library unless they have been checked out on the library automation system. Anyone found doing so will be charged a fine of £20.
- Fines are strictly imposed on all borrowers, students and Senior Faculty alike, at the rate of 25 pence a day for each book overdue. The fine for Short Loan items and DVDs is 50 pence per item overdue.
- Readers may not borrow books if they have overdue items or outstanding fines on their record.
- Books may not be borrowed on behalf of another reader whatever the circumstances.
- Any reader vandalising a book (e.g. pen or pencil marking of text, mutilation) will be fined.
- Please be as quiet as possible in the Library.
- Please do not answer your mobile phone in the Library.
- Food or drink should not be brought into, nor consumed, in the Library at any time. Small bottles of water are permitted. Library users who do not observe this rule will be charged a fine of £5.