The Word (docx) version of this three-part blog series, with fuller explanations of various aspects of accessibility is available for download. The docx file will be the living version of these principles and guidance, so if you’re unsure if you have the latest version, download them again from here. Alex Da Costa has also created a very handy reference checklist. Thanks, Alex!
- Creating Accessible Online Resources, Part 1: Laws and Principles
- Creating Accessible Online Resources, Part 2: Microsoft Word
- Creating Accessible Online Resources, Part 3: Microsoft PowerPoint
- How To: Create a Searchable PDF on the Copiers on the First Floor
About the IT Office
The Faculty has had a full-time Computer Officer to support the needs of academic and administrative staff since Michaelmas term 2002. The Faculty CO is available to answer any questions regarding the faculty network and faculty-owned computers and printers, but cannot (generally) provide help with privately owned equipment. We also have a technician who works Monday and Tuesday.
This page has been provided by the CO as a first line of support for faculty, staff and students, contains links to the most frequently asked questions and is the jumping-off point for accessing various tutorials and and other helpful information about computing at Cambridge and in the faculty.
Contacting the IT Office
Jen’s Hours, Monday – Friday:
- 8am – 9am, time scheduled for pre-working day activities (i.e. server reboots, etc.). Feel free to stop by or ring, but I may not be able to help straight away.
- 9am – 1pm, all enquiries
- 2pm – 4.30pm, seminar room emergencies only
- 12pm to 1pm – CARD HOUR