The call for papers for Cambridge’s annual Eighteenth-Century and Romantic Studies Graduate Conference is now available. Please visit the Graduate Conference page for all the details, as well as the conference website.
Eighteenth-Century and Romantic Studies Graduate Conference 2014
‘Jargon of Men and Things’: Production and Consumption in the Long Eighteenth Century
Saturday, 18th April, 2015
Faculty of English, University of Cambridge
External Respondent: Dr Corinna Wagner (University of Exeter)
Papers from any disciplinary perspective would be welcome on any aspect of the conference theme.
Topics might include (but are not limited to):
– Concepts of appetite and taste
– Literary and artistic creation/reception
– Celebrity and canonicity
– Print culture and the material book
– Objects, hybrids and the non-human
– Luxury, excess, waste
– Trade, colonialism, the exotic
– Categories of identity such as gender, race, class, sexuality, disability
Please email proposals of no more than 400 words to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for the submission of proposals is March 15, 2015. Registration for attendance will close on the morning of Saturday, 11th April.