Dr Raphael Lyne, Murray Edwards
Sixteenth and seventeenth-century literature, especially 1500-1625; cognitive approaches to literature / cognitive literary theory; classical influences on English Literature 1500-1700; Shakespeare, especially the late plays and the poems; theories of memory; theory and practice of imitation; the relationships between texts and their sources; genre.
Areas of Graduate Supervision:
Supervises MPhils and PhDs in the fields mentioned above under 'Research Interests'. Contributes to teaching and/or supervision for the Medieval and Renaissance Literature MPhil. See:http://www.english.cam.ac.uk/postgraduate/
See Dr Raphael Lyne's entry in the University Lookup database. (Raven login required)
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
- 'Recognition in Cymbeline', in Late Shakespeare 1608-1613, ed. Rory Loughnane and Andrew Power, Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Shakespeare, Rhetoric and Cognition, Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- 'Dryden and the Complete Career', in Classical Literary Careers and their Reception, ed. Philip Hardie and Helen Moore, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- ‘The Sonnets’, special issue of Shakespeare (2009), co-edited with Cathy Shrank
- 'Neoclassicisms’, in Tragedy in Transition, ed. Sarah Annes Brown and Catherine Silverstone, Blackwell, 2007
- Raphael Lyne, Shakespeare's Late Work (Oxford Shakespeare Topics series), Oxford University Press, 2007, 192
- Raphael Lyne, 'Shakespeare, Plautus, and the Discovery of New Comic Space', in Shakespeare and the Classics, ed. Charles Martindale and Anthony Brian Taylor, Cambridge University Press, 2004, 122-38
- Raphael Lyne, "Grille's Moral Dialogue:Spenser and Plutarch", Spenser Studies, 2004
- Raphael Lyne, "Writing Back to Ovid in the 1560s and 1570s", Translation and Literature, 2004
- Raphael Lyne, "Love and Exile After Ovid", The Cambridge Companion to Ovid, ed. Philip Hardie, CUP, 2002
- Raphael Lyne, "Ovid in English Translation", The Cambridge Companion to Ovid, ed. Philip Hardie, CUP, 2002
- Raphael Lyne, Ovid's Changing Worlds: English Metamorphoses 1567-1632, Oxford University Press, 2001