Dr Tamara Follini, Clare
Nineteenth and twentieth century British and American literature; nineteenth century transatlantic exchanges, autobiography and life-writing, memory and modern narrative, the culture of modern museums and collecting, Henry James.
General Editor, The Cambridge Edition of the Complete Fiction of Henry James (Cambridge University Press)
Areas of Graduate Supervision
Contributes to teaching and supervision for the American M.Phil and American PhD topics, and the M.Phil in Modern and Contemporary Literature
- The Distractions of John Cheever', in Writing for the New Yorker: Critical Essays on an American Periodical, Ed. Fiona Green (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2015).
- 'Speaking Monuments: Henry James, Walt Whitman, and the Civil War Statues of Augustus Saint-Gaudens', Journal of American Studies, 48:1 (2014), 1-25.
- 'Lillie Bliss (1864-1931): An Independent Collector', in Power Underestimated: American Women Art Collectors, Eds. Inge Reist and Rosella Mamoli Zorzi (Venezia: Masilio Editori, 2011), 143-161.
- 'Museums and Exhibitions', Henry James in Context, Ed. David McWhirter (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010), 234-245.
- 'James, Ruskin and The Stones of Venice', Tracing Henry James: Proceedings of the James Society Conference (Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2008), 355-373.
- 'Habitations of Modernism: Henry James's New York, 1907', Cambridge Quarterly Special Issue: Henry James in the Modern World 38, Eds. Tamara L. Follini and Philip Horne, 36 (November 2007), 30-46
- ' "A geometry of his own": Temporality, Referentiality, and Ethics in the Autobiographies', Palgrave Advances in Henry James Studies, Ed. Peter Rawlings (London and New York:Palgrave Macmillan, 2007), 212-238
- 'James, Dickens, and the Indirections of Influence', Henry James Review 25 (No.3), 2004, 228-238
- 'Discretion, Devotion and the Founders of MoMA', Before Peggy Guggenheim: American Women Art Collectors, Ed. Rosella Mamoli Zorzi (Venezia: Marsilio Editori, 2001), 151-170
- 'Improvising the Past in A Small Boy and Others', Time and Narrative, Millennium Edition of the Yearbook of English Studies XXX (2000), 106-123