The Manuscripts Lab is a site for anyone thinking about the significance of handwritten culture. It is a virtual space which bridges historical periods and geographical locales in order to enhance our shared understanding of this culture. The Lab experiments with new methodologies, disseminates discoveries, and circulates information; it also provides an open forum for showcasing the powerful connection between research and teaching. Run under the auspices of the Centre for Material Texts, based in the English Faculty at the University of Cambridge, in collaboration with Text Technologies at Stanford University and with colleagues from other Universities, we engage with manuscripts in all their formats and material realisations, in a spirit of unfettered curiosity.
Here you will find:
- Projects: a space to present sustained research.
- Jottings: a space to introduce short notes and new findings.
- Events: a space to engage with academic and non-academic audiences.
- Links: a space to link to other research and pedagogical tools.
- Collaborators: a space which we hope will expand as more people come on board.
If you think you can contribute to any of the above, we would very much like to hear from you!